Tuesday, June 15, 2010

6/15 Town Council Meeting

Thank you everyone for attending tonight's Town Council Meeting, it really did matter. The outcome, the Town Council voted to take the information from tonight and have another budget workshop on Monday, June 21st in the New Gym. We will plan a rally prior to the 7:00 PM meeting, so stay tuned. We need to keep pressure on the Town Council. We need to keep attending. Even though the process seems slow, the presence of parents and students changes the debate. WE NEED YOU! And, we appreciate your time and energy!

1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking about how we can get our voice heard at Monday's meeting, without being "vocal". ...and I was thinking about all the kids/students at Tuesday's meeting. I concluded that there were lots of soon to be voters among them that would not be voting for the current town council if there were an election soon. So here's my idea for the students and parents, make a t-shirt, or a small placard that says something like the following:


    "I will be voting in the Nov 2010 (or 2011) election."

    or "I am mad, and I will be voting in the Nov 201x election."

    or "I will be voting in the Nov 201x election, and I don't pay property taxes."

    or for parents, "My student will be voting in the 201x election."

    I think that if we make the Town Council realize that they are not only losing the votes of tax paying parents, but students who will be voting soon and are looking at the people (the Town Council members) who they will NOT be voting for if they choose devastate the school budget.

    ReplyDelete